- - acts as moderator of curiosity or lens through which curiosity is focused 
- - attentive and responsive state of hightened consciousness, leading to magnify learning, creative and productive skills 
- - modifying channelling of anticipations in the frame of the unforeseen events 
- - Mindfulness comprises of the following skills: 
- * Observing
- * Describing
- * Acting with awareness
- * Non-judgemenental acceptance
Figure 1: Mindfulness and Types of Curiosity as adopted from Harvey
For further information regarding Types of Curiosity, see Topology of Curiosity
For further information regarding the Role of Curiosity in the Adaptive Cycle go back to Role of Curiosity.
For further information regarding Curiosity in the Adaptive Cycle go back to Group 2 Student Lecture.
- Harvey, Michael., Novicevic, Milorad., Leonard, Nancy., Payne, Dinah., The Role of Curiosity in Global Managers' Decision-Making. Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 2007, Vol.13, No.3, p.46
- Swanson, E., Ramiller, N., Innovating Mindfully with Information Technology. MIS Quarterly, 2004, Vol.28, No.4, p.553-583