Summaries of relevant books
As part of their assignments students of the (V)ODC course studied a.o. the following areas (and books):
(some books were summarized by different groups. You can find their summaries by following the links.
- Understanding Judgment and Decision making
- How traditional societies deal with essential human problems in a changing context
- Dealing with Chaos
- On success in a world full of uncertainty
- Creativity and design to initiate innovation
- The adaptive cycle of change
- On political order in Changing societies
- Fukuyama, Francis - The origins of political orderFukuyama, Francis - The origins of political order
These fields were chosen to better understand the dynamic settings we are in. Students made a summary of the books, linked their findings to the organizational (virtual) structures and focused on the specific role information (and ICT) is playing.