This is the people page of Toon Abcouwer
Toon Abcouwer is currently working as lecturer for the Information Science program at the Science faculty of the University of Amsterdam.
He participated in the development of the Amsterdam Information Management Model (Nine Square model, Enneahedron or Amsterdam Information Management (AIM) model). He was also co-author of the book Information Management and Policy  in which the AIM model is used as a central guide.
He is co-designer of the roles model around the AIM-model, an approach to Information Management that currently is widely used in the Netherlands.
His current research interest holds with the adaptive cycle of resilience, the topic covered on this Wiki
He wrote a number of articles on the Adaptive Cycle of Resilience (ACoR). Below you find links to the articles.
- Sustainable assertiveness - the adaptive cycle of resilience working paper by Toon Abcouwer and Bas Parson
- Dutch version of the same working paper
- BITA - a never ending story Working paper by Toon Abcouwer and Bas Smit
- Learning in a dynamic Information Management world Conference paper for the ES2015 conference in Basel by Toon Abcouwer and Bas Smit
- Looking for balance in uncertain times Conference paper for the 16th EBES conference in Istanbul by Toon Abcouwer and Tanja Goense
- Balanceren tussen Innovatie en Traditie Article in Informatie (in Dutch) by Toon Abcouwer and Tanja Goense
- Balanceren tussen revolt and remember Article in Informatie (in Dutch) by Toon Abcouwer and Tanja Goense
- De dynamiek van organisatieverandering en de impact op informatiemanagement Article in Informatie (in Dutch) by Toon Abcouwer and Tanja Goense
- Abcouwer, A. W., Truijens, J., & Gels, H. (2006). Informatiemanagement en Informatiebeleid. Den Haag: SDU.